Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017!



Well folks, it’s been another week and another year. I’ve been in Idaho for more than a year. Woah!

I think the main highlight this week is the Ashby family. Their baptism is in 10 days & they are so ready & excited! I’ve seen the Gospel change them over the past couple months—it’s amazing. During our lessons, Jackie pretty much testifies of how reading, praying & going to church have given her a special strength & power.  When she said that, my heart was bursting with JOY! I felt so HAPPY! Brittnie (15) said the cutest closing prayer: “Thank you for letting time go fast so we can make it to our baptism.” Adorable! These moments are so special to me. 

The last day of 2016 was just another ordinary day as a missionary, but looking back at a year of those “ordinary missionary days” adds up to the best year of my life! 2016 was a year of new things, adventure, growth, learning, drama, joy, success, satisfaction, stress, friends, change, and spiritual experiences. On New Years Eve we had to be home by 6:30pm. With that extra time, we watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. I’ve been thinking a lot lately on Joseph Smith, the restoration of the church and the Book of Mormon. The knowledge that we have of Jesus Christ is so ah-mazing, very precious, and most valuable. It fires me up as I bear my personal testimony to those who haven’t had the gospel in their lives. A central, key part of that testimony comes from the Book of Mormon.  What a powerful witness of truth & source of knowledge! Because of the centrality of that book to my testimony, I have made 1 goal for the year of 2017, and hopefully years after that:  Read from the Book of Mormon every day… I encourage ya’ll to do the same. You can even keep me accountable—ask me how my goal is doing!:-)

Ponderize: Moroni 10:4-5
And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Read, ask, feel, repeat. No matter how many times you have or haven’t done it, I, along with Moroni, exhort you to find out for yourself and make the Book of Mormon the keystone of your testimony.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling




Sister Fitt and I at the temple this morning! 
Yes, although we don't have our jackets on, it was cold... 

 Sister Fitt and I decorated our Ward Mission Leader's house for their anniversary. :)

Mission President selfie! :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment