Monday, January 23, 2017

Goodbyes and Hellos!



Hello er'ryone!

Last week we got transfer calls and I said we found out that we're staying! Well....psych! Kinda... On Thursday we found out that we would be losing they Heyburn ward and the YSA branch.  I was first surprised and shocked but after a moment, started crying.  Last week I expressed how I love the people here.  I have built many friendships.  But one thing I have learned is that one of the only things constant in life is change.  It needs to happen, and although it may be sad or hard good things always come and growth comes with it, too.

We also found out that we will be gaining 2 new wards--Emerson 2nd and Hazelton.  We got to keep Emerson 1st. Yay!  Both of these wards have HUGE boundaries--more farm land, empty space and tiny towns! :)  So this leaves us with adventures to come!  I have never whitewashed an area, but I'm excited to take on this challenge/adventure.

Now let's back-track to last week before this all happened.

Last P-day we went ice-skating on someone's backyard.  Yes, it was cold outside!  Then we got to feed baby cows! It felt so good to put on my jeans and boots.  I feel like it's been forever since I've done that.

Fun fact update on weird Idaho weather: This week we had freezing rain.  It was strange.  It comes down as water but when it hits the ground/car/road/whatever it freezes--so there is ice er'rywhere! Weird!! But cool. :)

We met with Jackie and Brittnie--taught them about temples and family history.  Brittnie will be going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead this week! That was our last lesson with them because they are in Heyburn... :(

We said goodbye to lots of people.  One of the most special, satisfying feelings of my mission is when someone tells me that I have made a difference in their life.   could say the same things about them. <3

To end the week with a final hoorah in Heyburn, Jaycee was baptized!!  She is probably the cutest 9 year old in the world.  Her smile is adorable. She just glows.  I spoke on baptism using the "3 Bears" or covenants we make (taken from my Aunt Beth Carling's talk given at my cousin, Macy's baptism a few years ago:)  It really was the best way to end the week and our time in the Heyburn ward.

Ponderize: 2 Nephi 25:23

For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

I know I've done this one before.  A new Mormon message came out called, "Where Justice, Love, and Mercy Meet" by Elder Holland.  Go watch it!! Christ is always there for us no. matter. what. We just have to leap to Him!!


From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


PS.  DID YOU KNOW LUCKY CHARMS IS NOW GLUTEN FREE?!!!!!!! :D



Ice Skating!

 Baby cowwww.

 Mooooo.

 The Ashby Family! <3

Our new zone!

Jaycee at her baptism!!!!!

I love this adorable little girl! <3

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad for Sister Carlings weekly post. We (heyburn Ward) were so excited on Monday when we knew they were staying. Then to find out on Wednesday that they were getting reassigned different wards and we weren't one of them was just sad. It was like giving candy to a kid and ripping it away. My 6 year old son was in "love" with Sister Carling and wanted to marry her. His heart broke when she said she wouldn't be with us any more. We love her and appreciate all of her missionary service in our ward. Sister missionaries ROCK! Much love, Sister Blauer

    ReplyDelete