Monday, January 9, 2017

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

It sure did snow this week, let me tell ya.  We couldn't really do much because it snowed so much!  No one else around here did much either.  School was cancelled.  Some people couldn't get to work.  Even church was cancelled by the area 70!!  That was weird because I have never had church cancelled in my life!

So because Sister Fitt and I couldn't do much or go very far, we decided to make some fun anyhow.  Becuase it is so windy here, it blows the snow in big piles called "drifts."  Well, there was a 3 or 4 foot snow drift outside of our window.  It looked so fluffy and perfect! We decided to jump out of our window.  Yes, it was cold, but it didn't matter because we were having fun! :)

The next 2 days were sunny, but I think it didn't even get above 5 degrees.  Instead  of staying cooped up inside, we got out to shovel driveways! We were layered up pretty well that it didn't even feel very cold.  By that night it was -18 degrees outside!!! Like, wut?  Yeah.  I can't believe I actually experienced that.

Although the snow and cold slowed things down, it didn't stop the work of Salvation.  Jackie and Brittnie had their baptismal interview and are prepared to be baptized this next Friday, the 13th! Lucky day! ;)  Jackie and her husband Woody have gone over a whole week smoke free!! It's going to be an exciting week. :)  We did get to teach some more lessons to investigators that will be prepared for baptism soon! 

That mostly sums up our whole week.  It warmed p enough yesterday and today to rain so lots of the snow is melting, but I'm sure more snow is coming.  Yay!

Here's a random tid bit! Did y'all (YSA peeps) watch the devotional last night?  President and Sister Nelson gave excellent talks.  I recommend you watch them. :)

Ponderize: 2 Nephi 4:15
And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my  heart pondereth the and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.

The Idaho Boise Mission has started a 100 day Book of Mormon challenge.  Each day we learn how we can "get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts."  Nephi is a perfect example of dong that (even though I, personally, have a hard time understanding what he was learning from Isaiah. haha).  We can "profit" from the scriptures as we invest our time.  Like money, the more we invest, the more we will gain a profit. (Thank you Hank Smith:)

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling

 The amount of snow in our yard.
 
 I find this picture hilarious.  This is right after I jumped out the window, then a big snow drift hanging off of our roof fell right on my face! I think the picture demonstrates how I felt. HAHA


Shoveling driveways...

Lots of snow drifts in the country!!

No comments:

Post a Comment