Tuesday, December 27, 2016

I'm Dreaming of a White & Brown & Windy Christmas!



What a wonderful Christmas week.  It was so fun to be sharing the message of our Savior’s birth all week.  We participated in several Christmas activities, but boy was it cold!! Last Monday we went Christmas caroling on a hay ride. I made sure to bundle up real warm. I think I had about 6 layers on. Haha!

A family in our ward anonymously provided Christmas for another family who is struggling.  They asked us to be the deliverers. That is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas. When we got to the house on Christmas Eve that had nothing under their tree, but when we left it was full. That is the Spirit of Christmas—giving to others!!

On Thursday our mission had a Christmas devotional & talent show. Our district did a missionary’s 12 Days of Christmas song. So funny! I also did a piano duet/battle of “chopsticks” with Sister Stone.  We had a lot of fun.:-)

Christmas Eve was nice. We spent most of the day delivering Christmas cookies & sharing a quick Christmas message. We spent the evening with one of my favorite families, the Stockings. We had an entertaining performance of Luke 2.

Christmas was exciting, of course, because we got to Skype home! That was nice. I love my family!!

Oh, reason for the subject: It didn’t snow on Christmas, but it was so SO windy, the snow blew around, combined with dirt. The snow drifts looked like an Egyptian desert because of all the dirt & wind.

Overall this whole week was fabulous. I love being a missionary at Christmas time.

Ponderize: Luke 2:7
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

I am sure the innkeeper didn’t know he turned down the Savior of the world, but if he did I would guess he’d make room.  Let us each make room for Him—Let Him in!

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling




While Proselyting we had to stop to take pictures with the horses!

Christmas day Picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment