Monday, March 7, 2016

ALOHA!!



Alooooooha!!

It's great having a companion from Hawaii, because I feel like I'm getting some cultural experiences.  This week, one of our wards had a talent show--of course Sister Eas and I had to perform!  She taught me a Tahitian dance! We were decked out in matching costumes and everything.  I loved it!!  Along with the dance, we sang two songs.  Because of that, we were asked to do a musical number in sacrament meeting next week.  I guess that's what happens when you decide to sing for people!


 We spent all of last Monday in downtown Boise.  First we had lunch at Costa Vida with the Riggs. I love them!  After that, we still had 2 hours to spare before we met up with our zone at BSU (Boise State University), so we drove around town and ended up doing an impromptu hike to Table Rock--a great view of the whole Boise valley.  That was a great adventure. :)




We had some great lessons this week. My favorite would be our 2 hour meeting with Jezrael at Del Taco.  We taught him about family history and the temple.  Hopefully he will go to do baptisms at the temple soon!!  It's weird, but even at Del Taco you can feel the Spirit.  :)  

I've had a realization that it is March.  March is my favorite month for the youth "Come Follow Me" curriculum.  Why? Because it's a whole month allll about the Atonement.  Yesterday in Sunday school, I was able to speak to the youth about why this month is so special to me...It is because in March 2013, I truly gained my testimony--and specifically, my testimony on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I hope to focus this whole month myself on learning more about the Atonement, especially as it is Easter this month!

With that, my ponderize scripture this week will be Alma 34:15

 15 And thus he shall bring salvation to all those who shall believe on his name; this being the intent of this last sacrifice, to bring about the bowels of mercy, which overpowereth justice, and bringeth about means unto men that they may have faith unto repentance.

The Atonement itself is SO complex, and SO incomprehensible, but the way for us to apply or receive His mercy is simple and requires much, much less than what was required of Christ. He only asks for our faith unto repentance. 
I get so passionate about this; it's hard to keep it short, but I have a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I know that he suffered for me.  And you.  Oh it is wonderful...wonderful to me...

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling





No comments:

Post a Comment