Monday, February 29, 2016

Change=Progress!

Seeing people change and grow in this gospel step by step is probably the most rewarding part of serving a mission.

Our new investigator Sam is progressing so well!!  His friend, Doug, has been an example to him for 8 or 9 years and now Sam is willing to listen!  Sam is a 57 year old air force veteran with a pretty sweet beard.  (Maybe I'll get a picture on day:)  Sam is a good listener.  He likes to listen and observe more than talk.  I can tell he understands as we teach and I hope he can feel the Spirit testifying.  He came to church and everything about it went perfectly.  I felt the Spirit during the sacrament talks and I think it's exactly what he needed to hear.  It's cool how the Lord does that, huh?

On Saturday, we went to the temple with Rosselyn for he first time to do baptisms for the dead!!! Aaaaah!!!! Yay!!!  And on Sunday, Jezrael was ordained a priest!!!!! Seeing these people who I have come so close to and build wonderful friendships with progress AMAZING!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

The weather in Boise is beautiful.  I've acclimated pretty well.  Most of the time I don't even have a jacket and it's in the 50s and now it's been in the 60s...not bad!!

Thank you family for the packages from home and thank you to the William's family for getting it transported up here to Boise!!

Ponderize: D&C 42:14
  
And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

I am trying my best at teaching by the Spirit and recognize what He wants said, instead of my own thoughts.  My greatest desire right now is to recognize and act on promptings, revelation, and inspiration from the Holy Ghost.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling

 Temple with Rosselyn



No comments:

Post a Comment