Monday, February 1, 2016

One Week Older and Wiser Too...

Missions can be fun.

Missions can be successful.

Missions can be fun and not successful if you don't do it right.  

We, as missionaries, are supposed to have a purpose to everything that we do.  I'm going to admit right now that it is easy to have fun as a missionary and not be successful, if you are not fulfilling your purpose in everything you do.  I'll be honest, this week was sorta one of those weeks for us, I think.  I am still learning how to properly manage our time so we can be effective in all of our efforts.

Last Monday, P-day, our district went ice skating! This was my 3rd time ever ice-skating, but it was a really fun activity.  Our district is pretty cool, and Arizona is well represented. haha (5 out of 10 missionaries).  

On Tuesday at our district meeting we had interviews with President Winder. I really love him and am excited to come even closer to him over the next few months.  After district meeting, the four of us sisters went to an assisted living place to help (again) make some Valentines Day crafts. Woohoo!

On Wednesday, our recent convert (the last baptism), Jezrael fed us dinner.  His dad and cousin were there too, which is the PERFECT teaching opportunity! (His dad also made us some Elk meat:)  I could feel the Spirit there as we taught and discussed.  Jezrael's dad is super awesome and is already a very spiritual dude.  We set up another appointment to begin teaching them the lessons!! How awesome would it be if his dad and cousin accepted the gospel too?!  The only way for it to happen is if the Spirit is the teacher and touches their hearts--teaching by the Spirit is a great skill I am learning to continue to develop.

On Thursday, I went on exchanges and got to go to Meridian for the day with Sister Anandan. Highlight of my day/week:  After doing some service, we got to play SkipBo with Brother Dietrich, a funny old man.  Old men make me laugh!!!  He is hilarious.  I just wish I could share some of his silliness with everyone.  The rest of the day with Sister Anandan was great.  I think we both learned some great lessons from each other to become better missionaries.

On Friday, we served at Idaho Youth Ranch (thrift store).  I met a lady who was shopping at there who heard about me from my neighbor, Norma Riggs!! It's so fun to find connections with people.  One of our old lady friends (so many old people this week! haha) had a birthday, so we got her a couple gifts and visited her.  #ThriftShopGifts #Cheap #MissionaryBudget

Our YSA bishop took us out to dinner at Red Robin (Yum!) (my favorite!:) along with Rosselyn, who got baptized the next day!  Rosselyn's baptism was so beautiful and my heart was filled with the Spirit as she was immersed into the water.  She is 23, from Venezuela.  She is an amazing girl and so in tune with the Spirit and ready to live the gospel! 

Sunday is always the busiest day because we go to church/meetings from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.  I don't mind it too much though.  After church we met with Holly.  We taught Holly more about the Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  As we watch the Joseph Smith video and taught her, I could literally feel my heart swollen with the Spirit.  It's the best feeling ever.  I could feel the truthfulness.  I could feel power.  That is why I am here--to share that feeling with others.  I am loving it. 

The weather here has been a little different for me.  This week, I experienced a little snow, a bit of rain, some sleet, hail, fog, and frost.  It's great fun!!

This week I am ponderizing a scripture that has always impressed upon my heart. 

Alma 5:14

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

I remember when I could say that I felt this mighty change in my heart--it came when I learned, studied, and began to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  In everything that I do as a missionary, I want to testify of the Atonement and what it can do for us.  When we use the Atonement we can spiritually be born of God and experience this mighty change in our hearts!

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling
 

 
  Making crafts at the assisted living place!
 

Exchanges with Sister Anandan





 Ice skating with the district!




Our old lady friend, Carolyn's birthday!



Rosselyn's baptism!! <3
Sis. Eas, Rosselyn, Sis. Carling, Sis. Ray


 

Sis. Carling, Rosselyn, Sis. Eas

No comments:

Post a Comment