Monday, February 8, 2016

One Transfer Down, Lots More to Go!

A week full of the Spirit is a week of success.  I love teaching and feeling the Spirit and knowing that the person I am teaching is being touched.  That happened several times this week, I think. 

Wednesday was awesome.  One of our appointments was cancelled, so we went to Bishop Root's house because we knew that she mentioned she would be cleaning all day to prep for family coming in town for Bryce's baptism.  We helped her clean and do whatever needed done. I really enjoy being in their home.  We had another meeting with Jezrael and his dad and cousin (his brother was there too, but he's a crazy kid who ain't willing to do anything to change his life right now...ha).  Sometimes it's hard for them to be super serious during a lesson, but we decided to incorporate primary songs and hymns!  It was nice to add that little fun into the lesson, and when it was time to really settle down, we (or at least I) could feel the Spirit.

Friday was one of my favorites!  Our investigator Holly is in need of some service so we really helped her out. We did dishes, folded laundry, and raked her backyard.  She was visiting with us and expressed lots of hard things that she has gone through in her life.  We shared a message about Joseph Smith that I think she can really relate to.  (D&C 121) "Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment..."  I know that the gospel blesses our lives, especially in our trials, because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I could feel the Spirit testifying of the truth.

Bryce Root (Bishop's kid) had his 8th birthday and party on Friday.  He's a cool kid and we love him, so we brought him a milkshake for him at his party!

Saturday was transfer calls!  Both Sister Eas and I are staying for another transfer. :)
It was stake baptisms, but it was extra special for us.  We have been teaching Ashton (9 years old) and be was baptized! Bryce was baptized too!

On Sunday, we were able to spend time at all 3 wards.  (Lots-o-church)  Sister Eas and I taught the Elders Quorum lesson about home teaching.  That was my first time ever going to Priesthood! haha  I feel like it was a successful lesson--we will find out next month to see if they did their home teaching...haha

So many more things happened this week and I continue to grow every day.  My mission is changing me.  The gospel is embedded in my heart and is my life.  It is so very very good.  
My ponderize scripture this week is 2 Nephi 32:9.

But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul. 

In order to consecrate, I must also learn obedience and sacrifice first.  I want to do all I can so I can consecrate this time that I have to the Lord, 100%.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling
Service at Holly's

We brought a milkshake to Bryce!

 Bryce's baptism

Ashton's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment