Monday, March 14, 2016

#Hallelujah, What is this Feeling, the toilet's overflowing!

Happy Daylight Savings!  .....Oh wait....Y'all probably don't know what that is.  haha Just kidding.  But seriously, it's a little weird losing an hour of sleep....

Okay first thing.....last week I was poisoned by gluten again for the second time out here.  Coming home early to throw up is NO fun. Luckily I know when it's coming far enough in advanced so I'm prepared to hit the toilet.  TMI? Sorry....haha

One of our wards had an elders quorum  lip sink battle and they invited Sister Eas and I to do a performance! haha We did "What is This Feeling" or "Loathing" from Wicked.  We related it to being missionaries and sometimes hating your companion....Thankfully Sister Eas and I get along well. :)  I had a fun time doing that.

Yesterday, we spoke AND did a musical number in sacrament.  I played the piano while Sister Eas sang a medley of "Savior Redeemer"--a missionary medley combined with "Called to Serve."  I challenged the ward to pray for missionary opportunities. It is so important--it is ESSENTIAL--for each of us to participate in missionary work and to have faith that the Lord will provide opportunities if we ask.  I challenge everyone reading this to do the same!! Pray with faith for and expect these experiences. Act on opportunities when they come.

Funny story of the month:
The other night at midnight, Sister Eas used the toilet, then came into the room to tell me that the toilet overflowed--water was everywhere!!  I go to the bathroom to help her clean it up.  First off, she didn't know how to stop the water--she had jimmy-rigged the chain with the toilet scrubber to try to stop the water.  A minute later, I hear dripping downstairs.  Oh no.  That is not a good sound.  I went downstairs to check it out and discover the water had leaked through and was already all over the floor, ceiling, and even in the light cover/bowel!  The towels I used to clean it up were SOAKED and the water was STILL dripping from the ceiling.  There was no way we couldn't wake up the Andres's at this point.  (Again, this is at midnight.)  They gladly, cheerfully helped us clean up the mess.  But really though, it was a MESS!  The sister missionaries flooded the house at midnight.....What a great time.  haha Sister Eas was literally traumatized.  It took her a couple days to finally use that toilet again.  All in all, it made for a good laugh and funny memory. :) haha  #LAS:9.5

Yesterday the church started their Easter initiative, #HALLELUJAH. If you have not seen it yet, GO WATCH IT and SHARE it with someone specific!!! Along with praying for those missionary opportunities, use this video to share when those opportunities come.  It's beautiful and brings the Spirit.

Ponderize: Alma 38:9

...There is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. 
Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and 
righteousness.

Like I mentioned last week, I want to focus this whole month especially on the Atonement as it is Easter.  Jesus Christ is the greatest person ever, who lived the most perfect life, and performed the most important even in the world and the history of mankind.  I love Him.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


The Flood


 Jezrael!!!  This kid is awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment