Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Exchange x 2 + Mini-missionary



It's March 20th?  Last I checked we just finished February....but at the same time, half of February felt like it was already March.  I don't even know what is happening.

This week was cra-Z...but exciting!  We have been able to meet with a lot of less-actives or recent converts.  Our message is centered around the Easter video #Hallelujah.  (Like I said last week, if you haven't seen it yet, go watch it!)  It's crazy to think that even though I watch it multiple occasions every day, I get goosebumps every time.  No joke!  The fact that Christ can "take away my sins, my sorrows, my pain, forget my past..." is the most hopeful thought--AND reality! that anyone can have.  This message is the center to the gospel and our life.  It shouldn't just be the center of our thoughts only during Easter time, but ALL the time! He is the center to our purpose.  #Hallelujah!

It's interesting to see different perspectives that everyone has as they watch it.  We are all from different walks of life, but the Spirit speaks to us all and it's so cool to see how ONE message can effect everyone in so many different ways.  #Perspective!

On Thursday I was on exchanges with Sister Stone.  She has only been out 1 transfer (6 weeks).  I love that girl!  We had tons of fun.  I learned a lot from her and we had a successful day.  The sad part is that every appointment I had scheduled cancelled on us....But! We were able to make contact with people that I have never met before, so it was nice.

Oh Friday, Sister Eas and I got a voicemail after dinner from Jordyn Tubbs. She is a laurel in a different stake.  Jordyn was going to by our "mini-missionary" for Friday evening and all day Saturday, NEXT weekend, but apparently it was THIS weekend, but no one informed us! We scrambled last minute to figure out what to do--things worked out though! ......even though we were going on exchanged AGAIN!  So on Saturday, I ended up leading the area again with another missionary AND a "mini-missionary." Overall the day went well, but I was so scatterbrained on what to do.  It was all a great/new experience and adventure--becuase new experiences are always adventures!

Exchanges (twice) were the most exciting things that happened this week.  Next week are transfers! I am planning on staying in the area and Sister Eas will more than likely be transferred...But the wards have to find me a new place to live by next week becuase the Andres's are preparing to move. Yay! More adventures!! Haha

Ponderize: 2 Nephi 2:26

And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.
Sister Eas and I are doing Personal Progress (I LOVE it!).  For Choice and Accountability #3, we studied agency.  When I read 2 Nephi 2, I was brought to a brighter light on the Atonement and our agency.  We come to earth.  We sin.  We learn.  If we didn't sin we wouldn't learn.  If we didn't learn we wouldn't become like God. Opposition, right?  But because we sin (and learn from our mistakes), we cannot be with God.  So because of the Atonement we can still learn (or sin or be in a fallen state, which is necessary to learn) and know good from evil because the demands of justice are fulfilled.  Our purpose of life is not to be perfect, but to be PERFECTED through Christ.

That prolly doesn't sound like anything very new, but something about agency and the Atonement clicked in my head and was brought to a greater light in my head.....haha

Anyways, I love that there is always something each of us can do better and continue to learn!  Isn't it great???

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


Sister Stone and I on exchanges.




 Sister Anandan, Sister Tubbs, and I on exchanges.


It's spring time in Idaho!!



 Sibyl Spjute and Billy Jo Hess took us out to breakfast this morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment