Monday, November 28, 2016

Stuffed like a Turkey and Dead like a Duck!

This week was a bit of a whirlwind but there was some exciting stuff.

Last Tuesday we went on exchanges--I was with Sister Fenton for the day! We taught Christian the Plan of Salvation, which was awesome! He still needs to tell his family he's been meeting with us and wants to get baptized. He knows he's gonna do it, but we just have to figure out when!
 
Best part of the day:
I saw Brother Conant (our ward mission leader) and his "dunk boy," as he calls him, (aka the missionary that baptized him 12 years ago, who was visiting from Mesa, AZ!) outise gutting something.  I knew they just got back from hunting so I quickly pulled over to go join them.  I jumped right on the offer to slice open the mallard ducks. haha! I loved it!  That was probably a big highlight of my week.  So fun. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Mine was pretty special.  We participated in the local 5k Turkey Trot with some members.  We added a lil' twist to it though.... We did it 3-legged! Okay, not the whole thing, but we prolly did a total of a half mile that way. :)
 
The Moon family had us over for brunch and dinner.  I was stuffed like a turkey! She even made things special gluten-free just for me. :)  We also got to visit more people on that day, which was wonderful.  This year I was extra grateful because I saw first hand people who have almost nothing, wheter it be temporally or even with family.  I'm beyond grateful for my amazing family, home, and many other blessings in my life. 

On Saturday, Weston was sealed to his family and we had the opportunities to witness that.  On Sunday, us missionaries in the Paul, ID stake put on a "LIGHTtheWORLD" fireside teaching members all about the initiative and how to share it.  It was a huge success! More people than expected came, and it ended up being spiritually uplifting and comically entertaining.  I hope y'all are on board for the inititative and ready to participate in the 25 days starting this week.  If not, go check out Mormon.org RIGHT NOW! :)

Ponderize: Matthew 5:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Shine your light and #LIGHTthe WORLD!!!


From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


Me slicing up the duck. :)) Can you tell I was excited?
 
 
Sister Fenton and I!

 
 
The Turkey Trot! 3-legged.
 
 
 
 Weston after he was sealed to his family!! <3



 We woke up to snow this morning and I built a huge snowman.  So exciting!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment