Monday, September 19, 2016

The Land of Sugar Beets!



I'm in Paul, Idaho! Most people in Boise asked where that is.  It's right by Burley, which is about a 45 minute drive from Twin Falls.  I'm so excited to be serving in a lil' farm town.  The majority of my area is fields of corn, alfalfa, maybe potatoes, and sugar beets! I guess Paul has the second largest sugar factory in the world! I had never heard of sugar beets before, but apparently they are a big deal here.

Well last Monday and Tuesday was sorta stressful trying to pack and say goodbye to people in my area.  But everything worked out.  Oh, for our last dinner appointment in Boise, we went to Big Judd's, which is a popular Boise burger place, aaaand as they were taking a picture, my camera dropped. And died.  They gave me a camera, but it's not as good... Therefore lots of my pictures now are blurry.  I'm working on getting my camera fixed though!

The rest of the week was great.  My new companion is Sister Leach from Tucson, AZ! Wahoo for Arizona companions! :D She has been out for 4 months. 

Okay, well I don't have much else to say other than I'm in a new area, working on getting to know the people and places.  It's super fun and I am in heaven!! :)

I've got lots of pictures though!

But first.......

Ponderize: Mosiah 2:34
...What knoweth that ye are eternally indebted to your heavenly Father, to render to him all that you have and are.

I read this scripture this morning in personal study.  I love Mosiah 2, but this time when I read it I found so many more things that I love!  
King Benjamin is the definition of humility.  As we read what he says, we learn what we need to do to be humble.  He explains that as we learn the goodness of God, we realize that we are like the dust of the earth.  And because of that, we owe all that we are to Heavenly Father!


From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling



Packing and cleaning.


Big Judd's with Edward Rice!


We were visiting a YSA and he just came back from hunting and I was very enthused about the dead antelope in the garage.  Sister Leach was not. hahaha


Sugar beets



Sister Leach and I being silly. :) haha
(Random pic for the day) 

Random potato in the road


 We see potato trucks all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment