Monday, September 5, 2016

9 months on 9/9!!



This week I hit my 9 month mark on 9/9!!! I'm half-way there! Wooooahhh that's crazy.  It has been the most thrilling, eventful, satisfying 9 months of my life.  Can't wait for 9 more!

Last week's temple trip was so refreshing! I saw Kent and Terri Riggs in the temple!! I love being in the temple, feeling so close to heaven.

Thursday we went on exchanges.  I was wish Sister Bell.  I learned/was reminded of some good lessons while I was with her.
1) Take everything to the Lord (no matter how small or silly).
2) Turn to the Lord often for help to guide you throughout the day.
3) Liken the scriptures to ourselves!
These are all lessons that I have learned before, but I was reminded of them again on this exchange. :)

Barbara is doing well.  She had been struggling like no other with piles and piles of problems!  She has been learning to turn to the Lord more.  Yesterday in Sacrament meeting, she bore her testimony so beautifully! She expressed how much she knows the gospel is true, how much the church has helped her and how she loves it.  It was the sweetest testimony!!

Saturday was a big day here in Boise.... It was the start of BSU football season.  That is a BIG deal.  And they did win. :) Go Broncos!
I ended up being asked to speak at stake baptisms, which went really well.  I enjoy speaking so it was nice and special to speak for the kids' baptism.

Ponderize: 2 Nephi 4:15

And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.

Okay, there's a couple of points to this. First, I think it is important for us to "write the things of [our] soul[s]..." Keep a journal!!  When I spoke at the baptism I challenged all of the kids to write in their journal everything they remember from their baptism.  I know that I only remember/know things from my baptism because I wrote about it, in my lil' 8 year old handwriting and language. It's precious to me!  These moments in our life are so special.
Second, we should delight in the scriptures! There is always always something new to learn and revelation waiting for us to receive it.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


 Our zone and President and Sister Bartlett after the temple.

 I shoulda sent this one last week, but this is at the beautiful Julia Davis Park in Downtown Boise! It's right next to the Boise River, which runs through the middle of downtown, and right along BSU campus. I find it crazy that a river runs right through town, but it's gorgeous!!

 Yes, we respected their wishes and walked away...

EW, A BLACK WIDOW!  It's been almost a year since I was bit! I can't believe a that thing gave me so much pain... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment