Monday, September 26, 2016

I Like Your Spider!



Hello family and friends!!

Last P-day was super fun! We went through a Korn (yes, Korn) maze, slid down big slides, and rode a zipline!  It was super exciting. This area is different because we have to drive so far (sometimes 30 minutes) to find people's houses and most of the time, it seems like no one is ever home!! I don't mind the driving though because it's all beautiful farm land and sometimes dirt roads.  This weekend was quite adventurous because it rained and rained and rained and the wind blew, and it was cold.  The rain resulted in mud.  That makes for much fun while driving. :)

One morning we mowed a lawn and it was overcast and breezy the whole time.  Perfect weather!! It was fun to teach Sister Leach how to mow a lawn--it was her first time.

We knocked on a door of a less-active lady on the ward list.  Initially she didn't want anything to do with us, and was ready to close to the door.  Sister Leach complimented the spider decoration on her door then the lady said, "want to see the real ones? Come on in."  She showed us her tarantulas! She prolly had half a dozen or more...I thought it was awesome.  Sister Leach did not. haha  I even held one!! So cool.  Funny thing is that this lady lives right next door to the house that we saw the dead antelope at last week.  Before we left, we were able to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon with our testimonies.  She also accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon!....Allll because we complimented her door decoration... #Inspired :)

Wasn't the Women's session of Conference beautiful?? After that night I know Heavenly Father is aware of me.  The Spirit spoke to me in amazing ways.  

Ponderize: Mosiah 23:10

Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.

I hope that this can be a description of me. Missions are hard--you go through a lot but you learn and grow a lot with the help of the Lord.  I hope that I can be an instrument in His hands!


From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling




Going through the Korn Maze.




Holding the tarantula!


We pulled over to take a picture of the potato truck.  SO MANY POTATOES!


Don't mind my skirt, it's just windy and rainy.  Aren't the fields so pretty??? <3


I don't really know what those boxes are, but they looked cool so I wanted a picture.  It was next to some bean factory or something.... haha


Hey! Hay!! Seriously, this place is too pretty for a photographer.  I'm in love with it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment