Monday, August 15, 2016

Are you sure you want crab?


Well hello!

First off, sharing the gospel is the greatest blessing to do for 24/7.  It's crazy that I've been gone for 8 months now!

We got a new investigator, Peggie!  She is the definition of a golden investigator.  A while back a friend of hers gave her a Book of Mormon and she never read it.  Recently, she picked it up to see if it would make her feel better because she couldn't find her Bible to read....and it did!  She's already read the whole book of Alma and through 1 and 2 Nephi!  At church she told us she wants to get baptized on October 10th...Wahoo!!

We had a lesson with Jezrael on Wednesday.  He requested we talk about repentance.  Little did we know, he did that to prepare for his lesson on Sunday on repentance! Cleaver Jez...Very sneaky. haha  The topic of the temple was brought up and by the end of the lesson he had an appointment with Bishop for his temple recommend interview.  So on Friday Jezrael did baptisms for the dead for his first time! :D  Seeing how far Jezrael has come in the past 8 months brings me to tears sometimes...literally!  When we walked in the temple for his first time, I wanted to burst with excitement!

Oh....our toilet overflowed all over our bathroom.  That's not a first for me on the mission 'cept this time it didn't leak all downstairs cuz we live in the basement. Haha

Fun fact: The first thing I said one morning while I was still half-asleep after the alarm had gone off, "Are you sure you want crab?"  Sister Cluff: "What'd you say?"  Me, becoming more aware and realizing what I just said while I was dreaming and half asleep: "I said what you think I said." hahaha Funny things happen while sleep talking!!  She just told me that I was sleep talking last night too. Wonder what I said! Haha

Crazy Dave bought me fresh Huckleberries and Huckleberry jam because I've never had them before. He's great. They are definitely an Idaho thing. Haha

The rest of the week we spent contacting.  It was a very productive, well worked week! I feel wonderful and happier than I have ever been!  Being a full-time missionary is the best calling available.  I continue to learn immensely daily and grow closer to my Savior Jesus Christ and His gospel.  I love being a missionary!!!

Ponderize:  Alma 34: 9-16

9 For it is expedient that an atonement should be made;for according to the great plan of the
Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish...
13 Therefore, it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice...
16 And thus mercy can satisfy the demands of justice, and encircles them in the arms of safety, while he that exercises no faith unto repentance is exposed to the whole law of the demands of
justice; therefore only unto him that has faith unto repentance is brought about the great and
eternal plan of redemption.

Without an Atonement, we would perish--it is an infinite and eternal sacrifice.  It is a great and last sacrifice.  It brings justice AND mercy.  We can receive the Atonement through FAITH and REPENTANCE.

My testimony is centered on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Without it, there would be no point to anything else and the Plan would not be made possible.  When I study the Atonement, I am changed.  Life makes more sense and I have more gratitude.  I know I can "be perfected" and strengthened and clean through the Atonement. 

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


We fed baby cows! Mooooo


Crazy Dave and the Huckleberries :)



 You're supposed to be able to see mountains there but there has been so much smoke because of the forest fires! :(  It's crazy.  It looks like fog in the mornings!


 Lunch at the Osuna's! BEST food EVER.


Car selfie!


 #ToiletProbs


Jezrael's first time doing baptisms at the temple!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment