Monday, August 8, 2016

I Love my Greenie!!



First off, I just want to say that I feel the best that I have ever been on my mission so far!  This week was incredible!  

On Tuesday, Sister Davis and I spent lots of the day packing getting ready for transfers and to move houses, while still trying to comprehend that I am STAYING.

Wednesday....Transfer day.  I got my daughter!!!  Her name is Sister Cluff, from MESA, ARIZONA! She grew up in Gilbert, then moved to Show Low for Junior high and High school but spent the last year in Mesa going to ASU.  2 Arizona girls!! :)  I love it.   She is so cute and sweet.  I couldn't be more happy and privileged that I am her first companion.  I have love training so much.  It's the best thing.  We have been blessed with some great miracles this past week! 

On her very first day in the mission field, we met with Jezrael and Elliott, which is funny because Jezzy was my VERY first lesson in the mission field! It was funny because the first thing Jezrael said to Sister Cluff was, "Hey, can you do me a favor? Can you cut my hair? It's just this one little piece that's bugging me..." So she did! haha  What a good time.
That same day we met with other people and found a new investigator! Wahoo!

The next few days have been busy and productive.  In a nut shell, we have 4 baptismal dates set for the next month, one of those being our new investigator!  We had some very spiritual lessons.

The coolest was when we taught our new investigator Scott.  2 other people in the house he lives in were planning on coming to church and I asked him if he wanted to come to church and he said no because he's not interested in religion right now.  A little while later he expressed how he misses his mom, sister and dog more than anything and just wants to be with them.  We were planning on teaching the Restoration but felt that the Plan of Salvation would be much more appropriate for his needs....So we switched our lesson! I felt bad for Sister Cluff because we never practiced that lesson together but it ended out working great!  At the end of the lesson I said, "What do you think Scott?" He replied, "I'm all for it." So then we committed him to baptism on September 10th! The Spirit there was so beautiful.
At church on Sunday everyone was just as surprised to see me as I was! haha I seriously feel so much love for the people in my wards. <3  My favorite thing someone said was by Hunter Chapman: "Sister Carling, you didn't get called to serve in Boise.  You're called to serve in the Brookhollow ward." It's true! haha I just love the Summerset, Brookhollow, and YSA wards!!!

Well, I'm just about out of email time so I'll wrap it up.

Ponderize: 3 Nephi 27:27
Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.

This week we started reading Preach My Gospel ch. 6, which is Christlike attributes. It says, "Just as important of what you do is who you are." We need to BE like Christ and make him part of our countenance.  I love how my mission is changing me and helping me grow.  Being a missionary is the best. :)

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


First picture together!


 Sister Cluff cutting Jezrael's hair!


 Shaved ice! Yum. :)


 Bathroom selfie. haha



 Carol Johnson from Mesa!
Thanks for taking boxes home for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment