Monday, August 1, 2016

It's a Girl!! #SoonToBeMissionMom



Man oh man, I was ready to say, "I'm moving on to a new area in Idaho!" today, but instead I'M STAYING IN THE BOISE WEST STAKE ANOTHER TRANSFER aaaaaaannnnnd I'm TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!!!!!!! I'm gonna be a missionary mama! 4 companions. 6 transfers.  4 homes. 1 area.  Gah!

I am so excited! Very surprised.  But excited. :)  It's just so weird, because I was telling everyone goodbye, and even CRYING about leaving, but I guess the Lord has something else in mind and wants to keep me here!  

This week I have felt more amount of joy and love then I ever have.  I don't know if it's because I was expected to leave or what, but I am so full of gratitude and love for the people here.

After doing service at the International Rescue Committee with the Spanish elders, we went to the Osuna's for lunch.  Oh. My. Goodness.  That was literally the BEST meal I have ever eaten on my mission.....if not my whole life!!!!  Rosselyn's mom makes wonderful authentic Venezuelan food.  I told her mom, "Escribe algo para mi, por que me voy." Which means, "Write something for me because I'm leaving."  When she wrote in my 'signing journal' she was bawling which made me want to cry!  All of her family wrote something for me (in Spanish of course) and I LOVE them so much. <3  I'm happy to not leave them yet!! Haha

We had a lesson at the Fluckigers where we made a temple plan.  We cut out puzzle pieces with goals written on each so they will uncover the picture of the temple and eventually make it there! :)

Barbara is still doing so well.  She has quit smoking!  We have a new baptismal date set for August 13th. :)

We had my "last" lesson (so I thought) with Holly and her kids.  They gave me "foot paintings" (like finger painting, but with their feet....haha) from when they were younger so I could remember them. Holly said, "I thought it would be cute because you helped them take their first steps to Jesus."  <3 Aww!!!!  Holly expressed how much she has loved and appreciated the church and service we had done for her to the point that she was in tears too!  I felt that if helping Holly and her kids was the one good thing that I had done in the area, it was worth it.

We had a lesson on the Plan of Salvation with our investigator, Emily.  The Spirit was Hulk strong.  She totally feels that the gospel makes sense and we set a baptismal date for August 27th!  We even mentioned a temple marriage and she is totally planning on getting married in the temple!!! She's awesome and golden! I love her. :)

Crazy Dave and Crazy Joe are so funny........... Joe was trying to get baptized on Saturday just so it was before I left the area!!! hahaha He was not ready and hadn't had all of the lessons.  It didn't work out, but it was just so cute to hear what they were doing to try to make it happen.

Jezrael passed the sacrament and taught Sunday School.  I am so proud of him and how far he has come!  He's been reading the Book of Mormon too!  That kid is great. :)

Last night we had a lesson or discussion on prayer with Chase.  Chase had been less-active for a while but we have been meeting with him for the past 4 ish months.  He said that his testimony of prayer has been strengthened because a few months ago he was in a place in life that he didn't want to be so he prayed for help.  A week later at YSA FHE I asked him if he wanted to start meeting with us....That was over 4 months ago. (My very first day with Sister Richards.)  Now he has a goal to get back to the temple!  Hearing that made my heart filled with so much joy.  Again, I felt that if helping Chase was the one good thing that I had done in the area, it was worth it.

I have loved serving in this area for so long to even see and feel some of the fruits of my labors. It's not that common to stay in an area for 7 1/2 months, let alone 9 months!!  I can't wait to have another transfer here with people that I call family!

Ponderize: Mormon 8:24

And he knoweth their prayers, that they were in behalf of their brethren. And he
knoweth their faith, for in his name could they remove mountains; and in his name
could they cause the earth to shake; and by the power of his word did they cause 
prisons to tumble to the earth;yea, even the fiery furnace could not harm them, neither wild
beasts nor poisonous serpents, because of the power of his word.

If, with faith and in the name of Jesus Christ they can do all of these amazing, crazy miracles, then with my faith and his the name of Jesus Christ, I can be strengthened in all that I do--eventually striving to be like Jesus Christ performing miracles.  It's awesome how the Lord works. :)

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling



Dinner at the Osuna's with Rosa.  Yummiest food I have ever had!


 Our district


 The Fluckiger family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment