Monday, August 22, 2016

All's Well in the Boise West Stake!



Hi y'all!  Sister Cluff and I are doing better than ever here in the Boise West stake.  We're having fun while workin' hard!

We taught Elijah about tithing and fasting while we were outside on the porch, sitting on coolers and an old camp chair.  In the middle of the lesson he smacked a wasp next that was above the garage and he got stung twice, but acted like nothing happened. haha  The wasps were flyin' around everywhere so we relocated to the yard.  Elijah is funny.  Yesterday we read 1 Nephi 4 with him... He read the word "spake" as "spank" the first time it was in the chapter. I never realized how often Nephi says the word "spake" until then.  Haha Hearing "spank" made it a bit comical.  We reset a baptism date for September 31!

We taught Peggy the Plan of Salvation.  She said it made logical sense and she agreed with it all.  You cannot get more golden that Peggy!! When she comes to church, you can hardly tell she is an investigator because she has made friends with lots of people and blends in so well!

Zone Conference was on Wednesday.  Sister Cluff and I wore new cute dresses that we bought.  They are adorable and sooo comfortable.  But besides that, we learned all about repentance.  There is always many things we can each repent of!

This weekend was stake conference for the Boise West stake.  Elder Alder of the 70 spoke to us.  This is my second stake conference here.  I have one thought about one of many reasons why I love my wards and this stake:  They are focused on the temple, more than I have ever seen.  I feel like I can't go to a meeting without someone bearing testimony or emphasizing the importance of temple attendance.  It is amazing how much time people here put in to attending the temple so often.  I love love LOVE the temple and the ordinances and covenants we make there.  We got word that one of the semi/less active sisters that I have been working with since the beginning of my mission got her temple recommend back yesterday! :D  I cannot wait to go with her, and also, next week we will be going as a zone!! :)

That's all I've got for this week....


Ponderize: Mosiah 3:19

For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child,submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

Yesterday the stake president shared this scripture with some insight.  To entice is to lead someone on to do something...or bribe. or convince. There are enticings of the Holy Ghost and enticings of Satan.  They are very different.  We are here to develop God-like qualities and bridal our natural man passions.  Yield! Slow down! Pay attention to the Holy Ghost. :)


From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling




Oh hey, it's me.




Lesson with Elijah! *Notice the pack of cigarettes. Haha


Idaho Boise Mission! #IBM


 Our cute matching dresses!! <3

1 comment:

  1. miss you all just. started to go to the first ward missing my fav sisters

    ReplyDelete