Monday, June 27, 2016

New Companion, New Mission Boundaries, New Investigator!

There were some adjustments this week! 

First I got a new companion.  Sister Davis.  She is super fun and a really great teacher.  She is from San Clemente, California and has been out for 10 months.

Second, the mission boundaries changed! It didn't effect me in my area, but we lost some of my great missionary friends! Crazy things....

I didn't manage my email time too well today, so I'm just going to talk about key highlights of the week.

On Tuesday evening, Sister Davis and I were in our driveway and I was showing her my whip!  There was a kid walking his dog down the street.  After a second, I realized that I knew him! I said, "Hey I know you! Elijah, right?"  The fact that his name popped in to my head that quickly was a miracle itself.  Elijah is the step son of Alexis, an investigator we found in February who allllways cancels her lessons on us.  He's 16. We asked him his beliefs--he said he believes in like energy....If you die, your energy goes into a tree or something kinda weird like that.  Okay... We then asked if he would be interested in meeting with us to learn more about the church.  He said sure!  So we set up an appointment for the next day.  We taught lesson one.....IT WAS SO AMAZING!  I could feel the Spirit so strong.  He absorbed what we taught him like a sponge.  He just...got it.  He understood it and loved it.  That was probably the highlight of my week.

We also met with Jezrael and Elliott.  On Sunday, Jezrael taught the Sunday school lesson for his first time! I was so proud of him. :)  He's great.  

Okay, I'm drawing a blank for this week.  Also, I forgot my SD card converter, so I don't really have pictures. :(

Quote of the week:
"I saw a chicken video on Facebook.  It reminded me of you." ~Elliott
I'm glad I remind people of chickens. haha

Ponderize: Galatians 6:9

...Let us not be weary in well doing...

Pretty simple... We can never tire too much in doing work for the Lord! It's important to be diligent in keeping busy doing good!


From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


These are just some random, silly pictures we took on a members phone. Featuring: Elder Burgess and Sister Davis!



No comments:

Post a Comment