Monday, June 6, 2016

6 Months a Missionary!!

Alright.  This week.....What exciting news do I have this week? Hmmm.

Well here's a realization...... In two days, I'll have been a missionary for 6 MONTHS!! 1/3 done?? Whaaaaat? This is crazy. 

We have an investigator, Sameayah, who has met with TONS of missionaries before, but has not been baptized yet.  She got into some anti and texted us telling us that she can't meet with us and she can't be baptized.  We still wanted to meet with her to resolve her concerns, but she said she can't...  Then later that afternoon, we were meeting at a church building for a lesson with our less-active member, Dave.  The elders were going to be a part of the lesson too.  All of a sudden Sameayah pulled into the parking lot and said, "Sisters! I was wrong! I need the lessons!!" Aaah yay!! She also said, "I was driving home and something told me to pull into the parking lot. I didn't even know you were here."  That's the Spirit!  We ended up teaching her lesson 1.  She has lots of questions, which is good, because she is trying to find for herself if these things are true.  She also came to church with us on Sunday for ALL 3 hours!!!!  I love her.  She is hilarious.

We went to the hospital several times this week to go visit Rosselyn.  She ended up having surgery on her neck.  On Friday she was in a lot of pain, but yesterday she was outside on the balcony! She is recovering and doing very well. :)  She loves when we come and give her spiritual nourishment.  She also told us that her parents and grandpa are thinking about getting baptized!!!! So exciting!! 

Elliott has not really been progressing.  We asked him what his desires were.  Elliott is just so precious and sweet, so even though he always no to invitations (to church, or baptism) it's so hard to say anything against his answer, because he replies so politely! He told us that he would like to meet less, because once a week is a lot.  And he said "Your church is pretty booooring.  You guys aren't boring though." haha Oh Elliott....I just love him. Even though he doesn't have desires now, I hope in the future he will gain a greater understanding. 

Robert.  Robert.  Robert is the less-active guy who called his PO in the middle of our lesson.  He has desires to change.  It's great.  But he's always super vague in our lessons, so we can't tell where he's at with his life.  Apparently his phone was broken, and he really wanted to get a hold of us to tell us he won't be coming to FHE....I'm gonna skip the details, but I guess he was telling people that he needed to get a hold of us because was going to date us.  Date the sisters.  Both of us. Well....... We're not gonna do lessons with him anymore.  We're passing him off to the family ward elders.   

Highlight of my week:
We went to the temple as a zone on Thursday! It was the neatest experience because last transfer we each found our own temple name to take through the temple all the way: Baptisms, confirmation, initiatory, endowment, and sealing!  A long, wonderful day in the house of the Lord. :)  I found it extra special, because my sister was just sealed to my new brother-in-law a few days before.  Even though I wasn't there for her sealing, I was able to listen to the covenants and promises that were made. :)  I love the temple so much. 

Ponderize: 3 Nephi 11:10-11.


Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning. 

The moment when Jesus appears to the Nephites is one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon.  He is the light.  Because He is light, we can be light when we follow His example.  I love my Savior!! 

From Idaho to you, 

XoXo 

Sister Carling




After the temple! <3

Hey, it's still not too hot to be outside here in Idaho!
It's much better than the 118 degree AZ weather. ;)

Sister Richards and I went to get the mail. She ran inside and locked me out.  With her face pressed up against the window like this, she told me (in an Australian accent) I had to guess the password.  We are very good at entertaining ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment