Monday, April 4, 2016

Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'!



Oh what a beautiful mornin'! 
Oh what a beautiful day! 
I've got a beautiful feelin' everything's goin' my way!

It sure has been a beautiful week! Idaho weather is just about perfect now.  It's been in the 70s and getting to the low 80s, which I LOVE....Absolutely perfect.

This past week with a new companion and new place to live (same area) was splendid.  Sister Richards is AWESOME and I love her!  We get along so well and I am learning lots from her, as she has been on her mission for 16 months now.  We always have lots to talk about so we end up having some deep "thinker" conversations, or goofy random conversations.  I love her.

We did some great work together this week, too.  We contacted several referrals, met with some less-active friends in the wards and taught a few lessons to investigators...The usual.  During our lesson with Sam, I was bearing my testimony and felt prompted to invite him to be baptized.  I was not planning on doing that, but I can't ignore the prompting from the Holy Ghost!  He said, "Not yet, but maybe some day."  Sam is still trying to find answers and even look more into the Catholic church, which he was born into.  I am confident that Sam will one day recognize the complete truth that we have in this church.  He is still progressing and learning with us, which gives him opportunities to feel and recognize the Spirit.

We also met with Jezzy and Elliot to talk about obedience.  It is important to understand why we are obedient in this life--It's the only way to receive blessings! We are trying to get Jezrael to be obedient to the law of tithing so he can be temple worthy.  It is so hard for him because he hardly has anything, but he still loves giving and helping other people...He just needs to recognize the importance of giving to the church.  I just want him to understand how much the Lord will bless him if he keeps that commandment!!  
We also taught Charmaine (she has been less-active) about the temple and she is going to start working on becoming temple worthy!!! It makes my heart so happy. :)

The Riggs took us out to dinner at Texas Road House!  It's funny because Sister Richards served in the Riggs's ward before being transferred here.  I love visiting with them.

I LOVED conference weekend.  We watched all 4 sessions at 4 different places.  Isn't it the coolest thing ever to hear from the Prophet and Apostles who speak for the Lord?  I know their words are true and I LOVE them.

I also love the temple.  Elder Cook's talk about the temple was one of my favorites.  It is our ultimate goal.  Everything we do in the church points to the temple.  I am grateful for the opportunity to help and encourage other people to make the temple their goal and make the necessary changes in their life to become temple worthy.  It's my favorite. :)

Ponderize: Joshua 3:5 

Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the Lord will do wonders among you. 

Elder Holland shared this scripture.  I feel like it applies to everything we do, because in order for the Lord to give us answers or for us to do work for the Lord, we must live in a clean way to be worthy to receive his direction and guidance.  I need to sanctify myself so that He can do wonders among me. 

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling



The Riggs!

 
Sister Richards and I at Texas Road house

 
Conference at Charmaine's house--Elder Schnepf (our District Leader, from Gilbert, AZ), Elder Payne, me, Sister Richards, and Jezrael! (Charmaine took the picture)


Our YSA ward mission leader took us out to lunch to get crepes! That was my first time having a crepe....And it was Gluten free!!!! YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment