Monday, April 18, 2016

Boise Mission is Wonderful!!



Hey y'all!!

Last P-day, Sister Richards and I and some awesome elders hiked Table Rock.  I about DIED because I am so out of shape.  It's a fun hike though! I was DUMB and hiked in my boots and jeans...at the end I could feel a blister on my foot. Oh well.  It was worth the hike!!

Sister Richards and I continue to have lots of fun while we are together.  One night, when our lights were all out and we were in bed, Sister Richards had to use the bathroom.  While she was gone, I crawled in her bed.  She walks in the room and is talking to me (thinking that I am in my bed).  As she gets in her bed, she feels a body and it totally freaked her out.  haha  The next night, the same thing happened (she had to go potty).  I hid on the stairs right next to the bathroom and jumped out when she came out.  Scared her again!  For the third night in a row, I needed to be a little more creative....I hid under her bed.  This time she was expecting something from me, but didn't know where I'd be.  She slowly comes out of the bathroom, takes her time coming in our room....When she comes closer to my bed I stick my hand out from under the bed and grab her ankle! Haha  If I keep doing this then I'll have to get super creative... :)

On Wednesday we had interviews with President Winder. It's so nice to talk to him! He is leaving this summer and we will be getting a new mission president.

Later that day we met with Jezrael at a cool train station/park.  We had a good talk with him.  That kid is pretty awesome.  It was a beautiful day to be out in the park too.  Boise weather is AWESOME!!

On Saturday we did service for a lady in our ward and we invited the elders to help.  We pulled weeds and got a little dirty.  I got to mow the lawn with a riding mower!!! It's been a while since I've done that, but I don't think I lost my touch.... ;) hahah

When we came out of our church yesterday to go to our other ward, our car was covered in sticky notes!!!! It took a second to figure out who would have done that, but then we realized it was Mason Smith, one of the youth in the ward! (Ben, you and Mason would be best friends. He's awesome. He's a lil' Redneck just like you! :)  

These are just some fun things that have been going on.  We have been teaching a lot of less-active members in our ward.  We are praying hard to find new investigators.  The people we are working with now have not been progressing like they should...Sometimes they just aren't ready!  So, it is my duty to find those who are ready. 

Ponderize: D&C 130:19

And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.

For a Personal Progress value in Knowledge, I read this scripture.  Right now I have so much time to be able to study and gain knowledge in the gospel.  I am so grateful! I need to use all the time that I have while I can!

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling



 Elders Burgess, Atkins, Bean, Lamb and Sister Richards and Me!
 The fam.  None of us are even in the same district, but we're super tight!




Elder Hyer!! My Heritage friend!!! :)




Jezzy!



BOISE! I love Boise!!!



Our car when we came out of church....










This is probably one of the best/saddest rejections I have gotten....It was taped on this lady's door when we showed up for our appointment.  Things like this are sad, but sometimes as missionaries you just have to laugh it off...


Me on the mower!


Elder Lamb, Elder Bean, Me, Sister Richards!

No comments:

Post a Comment