Monday, January 11, 2016

Seeing the Progress Begin...

I've officially been a missionary for ONE WHOLE MONTH!
One long month.
One FANTASTIC month.
One month of so much growth and learning.  17 more great months to go!!

This week has been full of progress and miracles!  Now that I'm getting more into the full swing of things.  I feel like I can help this area in being successful.  I know how cliche it is to hear missionaries talk about "miracles," but it really is awesome to see the Lord's hand in every aspect of everyone's lives! The miracles are little, but little bits add up! Our mission has a vision to "Pray for and expect miracles," and so that is what we do!

Because Sister Eas and I cover 3 wards, sometimes it is hard to keep track of the people and areas, and because I'm just learning it all, I get very scatter brained!  So....during our weekly planning we came up with great ideas, with help and inspiration from the Spirit.  We've started to focus on one ward per day.  As we focus on the people in each ward for the full day, we see success and progress!  Another inspired idea that helps us as missionaries is to use the members of the wards A LOT.  In my home ward, I have had some awesome examples of how to utilize the members. (Thanks Elder Lithgow and Foulger! Also, congrats to Taylor Lithgow on getting hitched! haha)  I know that we will see success as we do this.  I'm still meeting the people and trying hard to learn about all of them.  Meeting the people is my favorite part of it all! Every person is unique and I can learn from everyone.

We are having lots of success in our YSA ward! Our investigator, Jezrael, is getting baptized this Saturday! That kid is awesome.  He is , and has a desire to follow God and he knows that God has a plan for each of us.  It is great working with him.

Rossalyn--also in the YSA ward--is very willing to obey the commandments.  This week we taught her the word of wisdom.  We were worried that she would maybe struggle with drinking coffee.  She has a baptism date in a couple weeks, so it is important for her to stop asap.  After we taught the what the word of wisdom is, out of the blue she said, "I hate coffee."  Wow! One day she drank it and decided she hates it.  The Lord as been working through her!!

Chrys is an amazing progressing investigator.  The sad part is that she can't get baptized yet because she is on probation for a while.  Every time we teach her a lesson, she commits herself to living that principle or commandment before we even ask her to! Chrys has seen how the gospel blesses families and she wants to have that happiness for her and her kids...She sure is on the right path doing the right things, that is for sure!

Remember how last week I mentioned that we also cover an assisted living place? Yeah. 

Well we have an investigator, Esther, who is 103 years old.  AWESOME, RIGHT?!  Right now, she is mostly curious about the church and Book of Mormon, but I really hope to help Esther spark a realization of the importance and truthfulness of the gospel!  Her fellowshipper, Carolyn, is another old lady who lives there.  Imagine trying to teach to 2 (very) old ladies......Their eyes were closing and they would start to fall asleep. I couldn't help but laugh.  I love my old lady friends!!

Good news! I have had more than just potatoes this week! ha  The people are so good about taking care of my special gluten-free needs.  I haven't gotten sick..yet! #knockonwood  haha

Sister Eas and I are having lots of fun while the work moves forward.  We did some service and fed some calves! I love putting on my jeans and boots.  It makes me feel like myself! haha

The weather here has actually been pretty nice!  All of of the snow is melted and gone.  It got to about 45 degrees this week.....not bad for this Arizona girl in Idaho!

I am starting the habit of ponderizing (because I recently read that general conference talk).  I invite you to join with me! (Specifically you, family. Do it with me!)  The scripture I am ponderizing this week is Alma 26:22 

Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; ...yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance. 

We can be great missionaries as we do these things! I know that as I create habits of repentance, faith, good works, and prayer, it will become a part of who I am, which will bring a greater lgiht to my life, which will help me be an example of JOY to those around me.  It's amazing how living like Jesus Christ makes us truly happy.

This missionary work is awesome! Miracles happen! And God is good ALL the time!!!

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


 Baby cows!
 
We get free Dutch Bros!
(We get smoothies and hot chocolate....don't worry, no coffee;)

  1 month mark!

 










Sister Beauchamp and I are in the same zone so we get to see each other a lot! We've started working out in the mornings together. :)  We also decided to match at our zone meeting on Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment