Monday, May 8, 2017

Progression in the Growth Zone

There's lots of great, random things to talk about this week but I don't have much more time... Hopefully I can fit as much info in.

Let's talk about the weather.  Finally, the weather reached the perfect temperature! It was warm and sunny (70s-80s) most of this week and only a couple days not so nice, windy and cloudy (50s-60s).  We took advantage of the sun and did studies and planning outside.  In result, I did get a little sunburned... But it was worth it. :) 

We visited the Brown family who's kids make us feel like super-stars.  They are less-active but SUPER cute and enthusiastic.  They had a baby duck and chicken, so we were holding them and the chick pooped in Sister Marshall's hand.  The duck was rested on the back of my neck in my hair and then it pooped on me too!!! Not very nice.... haha But, it was great because in the end we set up weekly FHE with the family.  :)

There's a lady who we visit twice a week--LaDene.  I just love her.  She stays at home most of the time due to health conditions, but last week she was telling us about all of her financial issues and how she can barely pay all of her bills.  I said to her, "LaDene, you need to pay tithing!" Of course, she couldn't see the logic behind that, but I bore testimony about the blessings that come.  So this week when we returned she said she's adjusting her budget, taking some expenses out and she is going to pay tithing.  YES!! That was great news. :)

We taught Kenny a lesson about making goals to help him progress in the gospel, eventually to the temple, and for other ways in life.  We also challenged him to bear his testimony on Sunday.  He did it, and he did great!! But then he called us out and challenged us to do it too... Can't say no to that. haha It was awesome.  Kenny is so funny!

We had another great lesson with Blaine.  I love that he shows true desires to fully apply the things we teach him.  Last lesson we talked about the power in reading the Book of Mormon every day, so he put it to test.  He has been doing it and has seen blessings!  This week we talked about obedience, but there were many tangents about Patriarchal blessings, gathering the House of Israel, the temple, and other great things...I just love seeing the gospel in action in his life.

We taught Evelyn the Plan of Salvation!  Again, she asked great questions and absorbed it like a sponge.  Before the closing prayer she told us that she prayed this week to help find her charger that she lost at BSU.... and she found it!! That made me so proud!! :)

Ponderize:  D&C 19:37
And speak freely to all; yea, preach, exhort, declare the truth, even with a loud voice, with a sound of rejoicing, crying—Hosanna, hosanna, blessed be the name of the Lord God!

I heard a couple quotes that I really liked this week.

One was at our stake coordination meeting, our high councilman said, "We don't want people to say, 'Every time I'm around Mormons they try to convert me.' They should say, 'Man, every time I'm around Mormons they try to invite me to do everything with them.'"  I loved that!!

Another thing someone said in gospel principles: "There is no growth in the comfort zone, and there is no comfort in the growth zone."  How true!

We have to speak out, love people into the gospel, and grow!


From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling

 

Exchanges!


 

Planning in the sun.  :)
 

This is Evelyn! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment