Monday, April 3, 2017

I'm Dreaming of a White Easter...



This week I have really been improving my skills on talking to everyone--not letting a person pass by without sharing Jesus Christ's restored gospel with them.  I have felt much growth in myself. 

I've been learning a lot from our zone leader, Elder Burns.  He was a convert at age 16 from Boston, MA. He really has the drive to talk to literally every single person about the gospel.  He truly wants salvation for every human, so he doesn't pass the opportunity to share it with them, and he does it out of love.  We were eating lunch as a district and he was devising a plan for us to share the gospel with out waitress.  He likes to satire laziness--for lack of a better word--in not giving people an opportunity to hear it.  For example, after making this plan he said something like, "It's okay if we don't talk to her about the gospel.  She seems really busy and we don't want to be rude.  We'll just be examples and it will probably touch her." Ha!  After that, it makes ya feel guilty for not saying something, right?!

Then he said something like, "Don't you hate when members say 'We'll just be a good example.'? Being an example isn't good enough.  If that's all Christ did, then he would be a mute, walking around waving to people.  That's not why or how people flocked to him and followed him." We need to open our mouth! 1 Timothy 4:12 says: "be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." WORD and CONVERSATION! Not just in your behavior!
He made a strong point and I loved it!  It has changed the way I am as a missionary!

So this week, #PRINCEofPEACE is officially on full throttle and we're sharing it with everyone! EVERYONE, just like how Elder Burns has taught be.

I feel it's appropriate to say, "The field is white already to harvest" because 1) People will feel the Spirit of the #PRINCEofPEACE this Easter, and will be ready to learn more. 2) IT SNOWED. I'mma be honest, I was kinda mad. I was like, WAT. WHY. The weather was almost to perfection!  Whatever.  It went away quick, but it sure was a surprise!  Sister Marshall sang, "I'm dreaming of a white Easter....Just like the ones I never knew." Haha! That's right.

Speaking of harvesting, our 15 year-old investigator, Maddie started the lessons again and wants to be baptized! We have a tentative date for April 15th! She's ready and it's because her friend Amanda opened her mouth and invited Maddie to learn more.

Conference was AWESOME, right?!  Powerful messages to apply.  I love watching General Conference as a missionary!

Ponderize:  Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
We met with a less-active lady who has gone through many trials in her life.  She said, "I know people say 'God won't give you anything you can't handle,' but sometimes I don't want to go through it."  After sharing Ether 12:27, I realized the phrase should be, "God won't give you anything you can't handle without Him. He will make us strong through the grace of Jesus Christ!

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling



Random selfie because we hadn't taken any pictures yet. haha

Brother Gray (Jason Gray's dad!) taught us how to make perfect gravy! I love Delmar!! (Doesn't he look like an older Jason?) The Grays are so cute.


These are my "I DON'T LIKE THAT IT'S SNOWING" faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment