Monday, April 24, 2017

A First Prayer

This week was full of some awesome lessons.
 
First off, on Wednesday we went to the temple as a zone! I love being at the temple!  I admire President and Sister Bartlett because they go to every temple session for the every zone in the mission.  That's a lot of temple time!!  I also love being in the Boise temple because I always run into people I know, which definitely makes me feel at home.
 
We found a new investigator, Evelyn! She is an exchange student from Taiwan!! She has only been here a couple weeks (living with a member) but her English is really good.  She said she went to a Christian church at home, but I think their definition of Christian is different because she has a totally different understanding of God.  We had to start from the very very basics. I think this is the first time on my mission teaching someone without some sort of basic Christian background or knowledge.  She is very willing to learn and wants to feel the truth for herself.  After we taught who God and Jesus Christ are, we taught her about prayer and invited her to pray. She told us we need to teach her how, so of course we did.  She was so willing to say a prayer right then!  Let me tell you, it is one of the sweetest things to hear someone pray for the first time.  The Spirit was strong and her heart is ready! She is so cute and it's fun to learn about life in Taiwan!
 
We also taught Tyler, our 18 year-old investigator the Plan of Salvation.  He still needs to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, but he is understanding and learning!
 
We ate dinner with the Mello's and Kenny...They made homemade ramen! (Rice noodles for me)  I haven't had ramen in over a decade!!!!! Oh, it was so good but I stuffed myself full.
 
This weekend was stake conference and we heard from the Boise Temple President and Matron, President and Sister Belliston as well as our mission president, President and Sister Bartlett.  A recently returned missionary and a soon-to-be missionary bore their testimonies too. I realized then--I mean it really hit me--that there are some amazing people here in Idaho whom I love, but I won't be here forever teaching the gospel with Christ's name on my chest.  I mean, of course I know I'm coming home soon, but it hit me more so then... I've got to do more than I ever have these last few weeks! --ONE month left today!!!! 😱
 
 
Ponderize: 1 Nephi 17:50-51
50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
This week I read this chapter in the Book of Mormon and in the margin I wrote a principle learned from this scripture: "With God, we can do things we've never done before."  Nephi had never built a ship. But he knew that he can do all things that God commands him, as he testifies throughout his whole account.  With God, we can accomplish the impossible!
 
 
From Idaho to you,
 
XoXo
 
Sister Carling
 
 
Our zone at the temple.

 
I forgot to attach this one last week.  Comp study at the park,
practicing #PRINCEofPEACE approaches.
 
Mission prep youth! I love teaching mission prep!
 
Just us.
 
Super bright rainbow yesterday! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment