Monday, October 24, 2016

Oh Deer!



Howdy folks!

Highlight of last P-Day:  WE got an exterior drive-around tour of the sugar factory.  After which, we climbed a MOUNTAIN of sugar beets.  Literally a MOUNTAIN.  It's a 22 ft tall and probably a quarter mile long or more pile of beets. Ridiculous.  They have tons of those here! It seriously blows  my mind...haha! But, it was very fun to climb up and slide down that thing. 
We also carved pumpkins.  I carved Arizona and Idaho in mine. :)

On Wednesday we got our investigator, Taylor to finally go to mutual.  Lucky for me, guess what the activity was--I don't know about er'ry where else, like in AZ, but they watched the Studio C Face2Face! #I'mObsessed. haha It made my week!  Wow, for those that watched it, wasn't it amazing?! I was not expecting so many tears and so much emotion, but their testimonies were beautiful.  Very touching.

Also, we stopped by a less active family's house and the dad just got home from deer hunting.  That got me excited! Of course, we just HAD to take a picture with the dead deer. haha

Random Note: BSU vs. BYU games get intense. Jus' sayin'. I can't imagine what it'd be like to proselyte in Boise that night. haha

Friday night was Addey's baptism! Happy day! Again, it was short and sweet--30 minutes. Addey  is the cutest and I'm so happy she made it to baptism!

This week we did more walking because we are trying to save miles.  We were able to make some good contact with people.  It's really cool when we get the impression to knock on a specific door and there is success that comes from it.  That happened multiple times this week.  It is one of the most special feelings to know that we are God's hands helping His children who are in need of help at the specific moment when we show up.

The whole week overall reaffirmed that GOd plays a part in the details of our lives and will use the means of other people to help each other.  There were multiple times we found people who needed our help, all because we acted on those simple promptings.  I love being His hands!!

Ponderize: Alma 57:21
Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.

In short, be obedient! Mother knows best.  I love my mom and am so grateful for what she has taught me.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling



That is 22 feet high.  It looks like a whole field, right?!

Sliding down the mountain. haha

Look at that deer.  Cool, right?


I love having fall!!!



Addey's baptism!


1 comment:

  1. We love reading your letters with the kids! That's sure a while lot of sugar beets. Keep being the Lords hands...you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete