Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hola Mi Amigos!



Howdy!

Last P-day we got to ride a tractor! I'm workin' on experiencing small farm town Idaho to the fullest. That was so fun.

We went on exchanges and like always, I learned a lesson that I have been applying: consciously show love.  As I have been doing this, I feel closer to my Savior and, of course, the ones I love.  I also learned that I'm still pretty good at making chicken noises.  It's been a while since I've done that! Hahah

On Thursday we painted a big ol' barn...well, we kept Brother Firth come good company while he did most of the painting with the paint machine and we just touched it up.  That was a chilly day to be outside!

We had an awesome lesson with a completely less active couple about the Atonement.  I feel like "when in doubt, teach the Atonement" should be a motto. The Atonement is really the answer to most everything.  I love teaching it.

We were making visits in Eden for our YSA branch and I met the mother of a YSA girl, who is from Mexico and doesn't know English.  TO my surprise and excitement, I was able to have a 30 minute conversation IN SPANISH! The gift of tongues is real.  I was so astonished with myself and grateful to Heavenly Father.  We set up a dinner appointment and returned last night, and again, I was able to have conversation and even share most of the dinner message in Spanish! The craziest part of all was, for closing, they wanted me to say the prayer--IN SPANISH!!  So, I did!!! That was a first.  It was an exciting night for me. :)

We taught lesson 1 to Andres.  I don't think I have laughed so much during a lesson.  Although some silly moments happened, the Spirit was present.  After teaching the Restoration, Andres said he was speechless.  I hope and pray he continues to feel the Spirit the more he learns to gospel.

Ponderize: Alma 26:27
Now when our hearts were depressed, and we wereabout to turn back, behold, the Lord
comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with
patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

Patience is essential in missionary work.  Without it, I think so many people would just give up.  Having patience and faith in Jesus Christ brings about miracles.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling



Just teachin' anyone we can find since no one is home to answer their door...

 Matching floral dresses at Zone meeting!


 Takin' a ride on a big green tractor!! Haha




We painted that whole thing!


 Just found some pretty swings and had to take a picture.



A long tiring day calls for an exhausted looking picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment