Monday, May 16, 2016

Fun fun fun with Miracles and More Miracles!



This week was full of fun and miracles!!!  Let's start with the fun and then move on to the miracles...

Sister Richards and I love being outside in the weather (as I have mentioned lots before). :)  We set up a hammock that I was given behind our church building in some trees.  We had a very nice time studying. We also laughed. A lot.  I'm actually really funny sometimes.  I made Sister Richards laugh so hard that she peed her pants! hahaha  (She did jump out of the hammock in time though. Haha) 

We also did some service at a house with a sheep, chickens, and calves! We had lots of fun chasing chickens and sheep! :)  I tried to do a throw-back when I was 7 years old and do tricks with the chickens.  They wouldn't cooperate.  I did get a chicken to stay on my head though!

First miracle of the week:
The people we live with had to kick us out by today because their sons are getting home from their missions soon.  Our stake has been looking for housing for us since February, but for some reason, no one is volunteering!  We've been praying and fasting that we will be able to find someone to house us.  Our mission office sent us on a hunt to find housing for us.  We stopped by one ladies house to ask her.  That didn't work out.  I decided to drive to our ward mission leaders house.  But! He wasn't even home.  As we were walking back to our car, a lady in the ward, Sister Rotz, (who was a previous prospect for housing) was walking by. We stopped her, explained our situation, and immediately she said, "Come live with me!" MIRACLE! We immediately walked to her house and figured out how we would set everything up.  She then made the comment, "Now I now why I went on a walk later in the day."  It just shows how the Lord is taking care of us.  If she hadn't walked by we wouldn't have thought to ask her if we could live with her.  Soooo on Saturday, we packed, moved, unpacked, and got all settled in. We now live in our area, which is a huge benefit.  It's so nice!!

Second miracle of the week:
Sister Richards and I were wanting to work on our tracting/contacting skills.  I knew we needed to try something different because what we were doing wasn't very effective.  We asked some elders what they do to find success in contacting and they gave us some advice.  We decided to put it to the test.  We went to contact a referral from some members in our ward.  Just to put it very briefly, we talked to the lady and she said we could come back and teach her!!! New investigator! :)

Third miracle of the week:
Rosselyn, our recent convert, brought her friend to church for us to teach.  In the chapel we taught him lesson one, invited him to be baptized, and set a baptismal date for June 11th! He said yes!!! That was so neat!!

God is blessing us so much.

This week we also taught a less active teenage girl.  She has lots of doubts, but she has no desires to change.  In the end, she's not ready for us to come back because he heart is pretty hard.  She is a struggling teenager with lots of emotional issues.  There was one point in our teaching when she asked who we were in high school, or basically what type of stereotypical teenager we were. I'm not sure where she was going with that, but then she asked if we had ever had depression issues.  I'm going to be honest...I've never struggled with depression. I, personally, don't know what it is like.  When I told her no she said, "How the heck are you alive?" She found it so surprising that I survived high school being happy, I guess...
This is something I have wondered about myself.  Why or how did I stay happy through my life up to this point.  I thought about what I was supposed to say, and I'm sure my thoughts came from the Spirit. 

I am happy because I know who I am.  

I am a Daughter of God.
I can be healed and strengthened through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I have potential.
I am loved.
I am special.

The way other people view me doesn't matter.  Because I love other people, because I know who they are, I am happy.

I never knew how much I took advantage of this knowledge.  Growing up in the church, in Primary, in Young Women's, going to girls camp, etc... I've always been told who I am and I guess it's something I have taken advantage of.  I knew it was an important knowledge, but I don't think I ever realized how much that knowledge effected my attitude and behavior.
My understanding and testimony of this truth has grown.  I am a Child of God!

Ponderize: Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This world is pretty messed up, but we have a divine purpose to fulfill.  Don't let the corruption in the world distract you from who you are.  Remember, you are a Child of God!!

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling





In my hammock



There is a chicken on my head, while I am also wearing a chicken hat. Haha



Feeding a baby cow...It was born less than 24 hours before!



Sheep. We chased that thing dowwwn.

I also chased that big rooster down. Wahoo! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment