Monday, March 6, 2017

City Life, Once Again...

Hello!  Well, if you want a quick summary of this week here it is:  Got transfer calls, started packing, said goodbye to people, finished packing, leave to Boise, meet new people! Life is good. :)

Can I tell you though, my area is BORDERING my ol' home of Summerset ward and part of Brookhollow.  Like, I could not get any closer to it if I wanted to! I'm driving through my old area daily.  I LOVE IT!!!

Back up a little to last week.  It's always sad to say goodbye to some people that I consider some of my best friends, but it's okay, because I know I'll be back to Idaho to too far in the future! :)  There are some very special people to me in Idaho.  One specifically is Kayla, my investigator in Hazelton.  I feel like if there was one reason I spent 6 weeks in that ward, it was so that I could meet her.  She wrote in my journal the sweetest note!  She said, "Sister Carling, you are absolutely AMAZING. You got me into the Book of Mormon more than anybody has! Thanks to you, I can finally feel the Spirit.  You have taught me so so much in only three visits.  I cannot thank you enough for everything you have brought to my attention...." That was so special!!! I LOVE HER! 

Thursday I made the trek to Boise!! <3  It's still kind of a dream that I'm back here, let alone almost in my old area! It feels like home... :) But I really miss small town Idaho!  I had to readjust my mind to city life though.  The first time I asked someone what they did for work I realized that I'm not in the land of farmers, factory workers, and truck drivers anymore. haha I've always had one of those answers for the last 6 months, now it's back to accountants, computer software people (or Micron), or other city people jobs! haha

My new companion is Sister Marshall from Hawaii! That would make the second companion from Hawaii!  She's actually from Oregon and Florida, but has lived with her family in Hawaii the year before he mission.  She has been out for 5 months and we are working great together!

GUYS.  I ATE DINNER AT JASON GRAY'S PARENTS' HOME.  Like, I tried really hard to keep my cool. haha They are good people! Jason was just here last weekend, darn it! He prolly won't be back very soon.... :/ haha  But yeah... HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK! ;P

The rest of the past few days have been filled with meeting people. There isn't as much work happening here as there was in my last area, but I feel like the Lord has blessed me with knowledge and experience from my previous areas to help the work of Salvation here progress.  That's my favorite kind of work! "Truth. Freedom. Saaaaaal-vation!!!" (*NAME THAT MOVIE*;)

Ponderize: Helaman 10:4-5
(This is where we currently are as a mission for our 100 day Book of Mormon challenge.)

Blessed art thou, [Sister Carling], for those things which thou hast done; for have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments. And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, will bless thee forever; and will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy wordfor thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
Now, I know that I am not always a perfect missionary. I'm not always perfectly "unwearying" or full of faith or always perfectly obedient or self-less... But I try to do my best.  I try to be the missionary the Lord wants me to be, and because I am serving a mission, I already feel blessing from the Lord that will bless my life forever!!

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling


We made matching planners. :) #Camo4Life
Blue boxes in Hazelton
This is Hazelton.  You can pretty much see the whole thing. haha

Terrible picture, but this is Sister Marshall!
Dutch Bros on transfer day. #Tradition
BROTHER CONANT!!! One of my all time favorite people.
Baby pig.  It stinks bad.
Koby and Kirsten! Some of my best friends!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment