Monday, July 11, 2016

Gospel Blessings: Families and Individuals...It WORKS!!!


This week I have come to grow even more love for my area and the people in it.  It's going to be extremely hard to leave, but I look back and am so grateful for all the time I have had to be here.

There is this black lady, named Julia.  She is a potential investigator, but super baptist so I don't think she will be interested in the church soon, but we are planting seeds!  She took us to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory--that meal could have lasted me a month, I ate so much!  Julia is the FUNNIEST black person I know.  Every sentence that comes out of her mouth makes me laugh.  Sister Davis's birthday is this week and she wants to take us again!

We had a lesson with our good ol' friend Crazy Dave and his buddy, Joe.  Joe wants to be baptized July 27th!! :)  We taught Dave a lesson on revelation through the Book of Mormon.  We did an experiment for them and read a chapter with a question in mind.  Both Dave and Joe had their questions answered.  I have a testimony that any question we have can be answered in the Book of Mormon, combined with the Spirit.  It works!!!

We also did some service for "Just Serve" at the International Rescue Committee for refugees.  It's cool to see--and be a part of--some of the efforts to help refugees.

We went to Rosselyn's house a couple of times.....She's home!!  And her family is HAPPY.  The gospel has changed them.  I walked into their house and saw a sign that says, "Familias son para Siempre" and "La Familia: Una Proclamación para el Mundo."  <3  Her dad and grandpa received the priesthood!  :)  They have a goal to go do baptisms at the temple soon!  Rosselyn's sister, Rosmery, left Boise to go back home to New Jersey. She's not baptised yet. but I can't wait until that happens! ;)  Out of everyone on my mission, the Osuna family might be my favorite miracle. 

Our meeting with Jezrael this week was pretty special.  We went to the temple grounds and made goals "to go inside some day..."  That goal is September 20th! I am excited for him because he is working hard to do what's right!  I'm so proud of him. :)

This week was zone meeting.  It was President Bartlett's first training and he chose to emphasize obedience.  I thought it was perfect.  When missionaries understand obedience and are obedient, then they will look back on their mission and be satisfied.

Barbara is still progressing!  She is GOLDEN!  We taught her the Word of Wisdom which is kind of scary to teach sometimes because we never know how the person will react.  Barbara smokes and drinks coffee.... (or I should say *smoked* and *drank*:) We taught the lesson and she said, "I didn't even know I was breaking something!" She was ready to quit so she could keep the commandment! GOLDEN!  I love Barbara.  She is so precious and it's great to see the changes in her over the past couple of weeks.

The gospel blesses our lives as individuals and families.  I am SO grateful to have it and to have the opportunity to share it and see it first hand changing lives. 

Ponderize: Luke 9:61-62

And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.


Before consecration, comes obedience and sacrifice.  If any of us want to consecrate our lives to Jesus Christ (right now I'm trying to fully consecrate my mission...) we need to push forward with His will, no looking back at what we want.

From Idaho to you,

XoXo

Sister Carling






Julia took a selfie at the Cheescake factory.



We took another picture with her and after words she said, "You need a negro light!" hahaha




 
We parked close to the elder's car and Sister Davis accidentally LOCKED Elder Folau's thumb in his door! It came out pretty smashed.  He went to the doctor and found out it was broken in THREE places!! Haha

 Rosmery! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment